When working with a more complex medium such as glass, people tend to be really curious about the process and the boundaries of what can be done with glass. I get a lot of inquiries about logos, obscure shapes and images using specific colour schemes. Unfortunately there are times when I'm limited to what I can do only because I may not have the proper resources.
Here's a piece however, that I was able to create using a pair of scissors, a thin sheet of copper and a steady hand to cut the tiny image out. The details were quite tricky and it did take a few tries before I could cut the whole thing out without accidentally clipping her arm or head off! I think it turned out quite funky and I hope the dancer who commissioned me to create this thinks it's awesome too!


No comments:
Post a Comment