It's that time of year folks!
Fresh berries are staring to pop up everywhere! I picked up some local berries over the weekend and came up with a beautiful way of eating them with warm pasta. I know, it's very fulfilling just indulging in them fresh as is, but it's also nice to use them in dishes other than dessert.
I don't have much of a sweet tooth so I tend to look for ways to use sweet ingredients in savory dishes. I came up with this recipe yesterday at lunch when nothing else in the fridge appealed to me. Just thought I'd share this amazingly yummy combo!
1 cup cooked baby shell pasta
8 large strawberries, diced
1/4 medium red onion, sliced thinly
1 tbsp butter
1 tbsp fresh parmesan cheese
Half the juice of a lime and a bit of lime zest
Handful of fresh basil
Lots of fresh cracked pepper
Pinch of salt
Cook pasta until al dente. Drain. Add Tablespoon of butter to hot pasta until all shells are nicely coated. Toss in the strawberries, onion, basil and parmesan cheese. Squeeze lime juice all over. Add salt and pepper and sprinkle a few basil chiffonades on top.
The dish is best when served immediately. Enjoy!

No comments:
Post a Comment